3.14.2007

Where Is My Beautiful House?!?!?

I have noticed that there is a inverse relationship developing in the house. The rooms that the previous owners claim to have remodeled, actually have the most work to do in them. Take, for example, the bathroom. This room presents the greatest challenge, since the shower head hits most people in the top of the head. Not to mention, the ugly tub surround that it looks like it was trimmed down from a larger piece with a dull knife. While there is caulk in every nook and cranny in the house, there is no caulk around the tub surround on one edge or around the sink. Go figure.

Since we are replacing the surround with tile and we need to raise the shower head, I figured this would be a good time to get new fixtures for the bathroom. As many may already know, faucets aren't cheap and I want something that will fit with the "new traditional" style of the house. So after exhausting searches on the internet, I went onto eBay. I could take something old or new as long as it is in good shape.

Here is what I found...


Most of my friends know that I like copper and bronze, so this continues to be a good fit. Not to mention that I got for a really good price...$66.00 with shipping. At the store it retails for around $120. Now I need to find the matching (or close anyway) bathroom sink faucet. Can't seem to find it for a discount...




Finally, Brice has been working on finishing some corners in the house. In some areas where someone replaced the plaster with drywall, they didn't know how to finish the corners, so they simply put quarter round trim all in the corners. This was a popular solution for them. Well it looks like crap. We pulled off all the trim and found a large gap, which was not a surprise considering some of the things that we have found in this house. With a lot of determination and dry wall compound, Brice has managed to repair these corners and make it look like a professional job.

Here is the trim in the hallway...


Here is the corners in the bedroom after Brice was nearly complete...


And here is Brice with his exciting find...more caulk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bathroom faucets, good luck finding the matching sink stuff. That set really suits you, way to go on finding it on ebay. -Molly