I know this is a month late.

My best friend Amanda came to stay at the house for a night and wanted to carve some pumpkins for Halloween. Even though they came from a pattern that you can buy at any store, they turned out really neat so we took some pictures.

This is Amanda's "witch" pumpkin.

This is Brice's "cat" pumpkin.

I decided to carve the tree since I am partial to things that are tree-related. Unfortunately, it took almost four hours and the next day it wasn't looking nearly as nice.

And here they are all together, day and night!


Update on Master Bedroom...

Here are the (be)latest pictures of the master bedroom.

First a few before pictures...

A pre-mommy Molly in the closet.

The closet required the most work: no doors, cracked plaster, a wall made out of plywood, no trim, a crappy closet organizer...

Now it has new paint, curtains, doors, and furniture (The angle made it hard to put the pictures in a panoramic view, but it gives the whole picture). I know that sums up a many weeks of work without much detail, but here are the pictures before the closet was finished.

Here are the finished pictures of the closet. It is a small closet and although I hated the old closet organizer, there weren't a lot of other options. Unfortunately, it is a deep closet so there is a lot of wasted space. What made it so difficult is the attic access in the front-middle of the closet ceiling and the cellar access in the left-bottom of the closet floor. I bought a slightly more expensive version of the old closet organizer and added a place for shoes. I also went through some of my clothes that I haven't worn since college.

Lastly here is the pictures of the doors. Both doors had to be replaced, mostly because I couldn't see myself stripping paint anymore. They are hollow doors, but they turned out pretty good thanks to Brice. He handled all the door work.